To: WEST REGION President Sherryl Dodd-Hansen and
President-Elect Mike Wright and
Secretary Mary-Alice Avila
FROM: Jorge Navarro, CSI…Chapter President and
Wally Holmen, FCSI , Emeritus…West Region Director
Subject: Chapter Report for 1 July 2021 to 30 June 2022
- MEMBERSHIP: ……..Brenda Hunsinger, Chair
Emeritus: 5 + Retired: 4 + Emerging Professional: 1
Professional: 37 + Student: 0 =
Total: 47 as of JULY 2022
CONSTRUCT & Bi-Region Conference in Sun River, OR postponed
- CHAPTER MEETINGS ……Wally Holmen, Programs Chair – Monthly Chapter Meetings are usually held the third Tuesday evening of the month at Scotts Seafood Restaurant, Jack London Square, Oakland, unless otherwise noted. 5:45 pm Networking & Tabletops; 6:30 pm Dinner; 7:15 pm Program. Attendance is usually around 20-30 and as noted. For FY21 there is no dinner charge for EBO members. Chapter Board meetings are held prior to Chapter meetings whenever possible.
MEETINGS WERE VIRTUAL DUE TO COVID EXCEPT AS NOTED.
16 NOV 2021 “DETAILING AIR BARRIERS” – ROGER SMITH[ONE AIA LU] [VIRTUAL] 12 NOON PST [28 att]
FRIDAY SYMPOSIUM – “DIVISION 8 FAILURES” 10 am-3pm
with AIAEB – PRODUCT DISPLAYS – W/LUNCH [postponed]
14 DEC 2021 HOLIDAY PARTY & SILENT AUCTION
CANCELLED DUE TO COVID
15 FEB 2022 “STAINED GLASS CONSERVATION” – Ariana Makau
15 MAR 2022 “45 YEaRS OF ARCHITECTURAL JOURNEYS” – Steven & Cathi House ; [LIVE] at Back Forty Texas BBQ – Pleasant Hill  BOOKS SOLD
17 MAY 2022 “BART EXTENSION TO SILICON VALLEY” – Bernice Alaniz
[Tian Feng. FCSI, FAIA, Host] [VIRTUAL] 
21 JUN 2022 ANNUAL MEETING – AWARDS & PRODUCT SHOW [LIVE]
at ZIO FREDOS RESTAUANT, Pleasant Hill 
3. SPECIAL EVENTS: 30th ANNUAL GOLF TOURNAMENT CORICA PARK, ALAMEDA: Jerry Veiluva & Mike Lopez
Co-Chairs 24 September 2022. [10 players]
4. COMMUNICATIONS: Gabe Galvez Webmaster; Website csieastbay.org updated monthly or sooner. Meeting announcements are E-mailed to East bay Oakland Chapter and 3 surrounding Chapters and AIA-EB and AIA-SF Chapters.
5. CERTIFICATION: Dan Galvez, Certification Chair. Combined with WEST REGION study groups.
6. ACADEMIC LIASON– Wally Holmen, Chair
The East Bay Oakland Chapter continued contact and dialogue with local Community Colleges. Diablo Valley College, Pleasant Hill and Laney College, Oakland; also Cal State East Bay-Hayward and UC Berkeley-College of Engineering (ASC Team).
SYMPOSIUM – “FINISH FAILURES” with AIAEB –
Postponed to NOV. 2022
8. AWARDS: Mary Nowee, Awards Chair, assisted by Wally Holmen. 20 certificates and gifts were presented at the Sept. 21st 2022 dinner Meeting.
- WEST REGION DIRECTOR Wally Holmen attended monthly Board Meetings on-line.
Full membership meetings are not held in July and August. Only Board meets in the summer. Meeting attendance increased and the Chapter has increased its reserves. Chapter membership slightly increased.