This list is courtesy of Matthew Gale, Audience Development Analyst at The Construction Specifier, who writes:
As this year winds down, I thought I would share with you the top 10 feature articles and news stories of 2017. Take a look below!
TOP 10 FEATURE ARTICLES OF 2017
- Cross-laminated Timber: New projects show how the material is fulfilling ‘tall’ orders
- Virtual reality as the future of construction planning
- How feasible is a 40-story timber residential tower?
- Breaking Down Barriers: Demystifying ADA requirements for glass doors
- The rise of the blue roof
- For the Want of a Horseshoe Nail: Identifying causes of tile failure
- At the intersection of fire safety and energy efficiency
- But I didn’t bid it that way!
- Using the General Conditions as a foundation document
- Cornell Tech opens world’s largest Passive House building
TOP 10 NEWS STORIES OF 2017
- Country’s first wood skyscraper coming to Portland
- Drawing on experience with new NCARB licensure option
- Salary history question ban could spell trouble for construction industry
- CTBUH names fastest elevators and longest runs
- Lighting experts refute American Medical Association report on blue light
- UL launches new support tools for life safety design
- AIA completes 10-year update of Contract Documents
- Recent tests make CLT’s fire performance a hot topic
- School designs celebrated by AIA
- CSI opens new doors in naming T.J. Gottwalt Fellow